Healthy Nation provides preventive health services to children (k-12), filling an ever-growing gap in the healthcare system.
- Monthly wellness checkups – we conduct monthly health screens, focusing on a selected health concerns. Every child sees a nurse face-to-face once a month, allowing us to maintain visibility on the child’s health status.
- Monthly health education – each month, we engage all students in small groups, discussing topics that impact their lives. These didactic, yet fun, sessions serve as platforms for transmission of accurate information
- Training first responders in each school– we trained selected school staff as first aide clinicians. We believe it is imperative that every school has a personnel who possesses basic clinical knowledge to triage common health emergencies arising on campus. This personnel serves as a critical link between the student and clinicians.
- Menstrual health and hygiene – Girls’ education is undermined and, in some cases derailed, by the absence of adequate resources for menstrual health and hygiene. An unacceptable number of girls miss at least two days of school monthly because of their menses. Healthy Nation mitigates this challenge by providing under garments and sanitary pads to girls.
- Clinic – Healthy Nation operates a specialized clinic exclusively for students. Each student is given one monthly clinic visit at no extra charge. Serving as an urgent care facility, the clinic complements the preventive services offered on campus. Currently, one clinic operates in Paynesville, Montserrado County. Future plans include one clinic in each county.
For just $75/year - $6.25/month or $1.56/week or $0.22/day – you help is provide preventive health care to 6000 students in the 2016/2017 school year!